Welcome to The Underground
"I am proud that night after night and album after album, a mass of humanity I now refer to lovingly as the pop underground, come together and sing. Whether it's in theaters and concert venues around the world, in the privacy of our own homes or the constantly shifting landscape of social media, we are a scrappy tribe and we stand for something: Music that is found, shared and cared for despite access to traditional outlets; music that lives virally and through word of mouth; music that tells a story that people want to retell." - Andrew McMahon
Andrew's Twitter
Andrew's Instagram
Forums
The Pop Underground :: Forums :: Andrew's Blogs
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>   

Jack’s Mannequin Live From The El Rey Theatre (5-30-13)

Author Post
Toxic
Sun Sep 29 2013, 10:41pm Print View

Jack’s Mannequin Live From The El Rey Theatre
May 30, 2013

For as long as Jack’s Mannequin existed I toyed with the idea of filming and releasing a live concert. For one reason or another it never felt quite right, but as the final shows approached it became clear it would be now or never. With a strong desire to honor the live performances Jack’s had become known for, we set out to capture the last two nights of a partnership that spanned seven years, four continents, three full length albums and hundreds of concerts. In all honesty I’m glad I waited. The two November nights that add up to “Live From The El Rey” are a celebration of the strange history and myriad threads woven together to create what I now carry in my heart as Jack’s Mannequin. From the gathering of fans from all over the world, to a stage shared by friends whose contribution to the Jack’s legacy will define it, no other shows could have carried with them such a true connection between the band, our fans and the cameras that followed. Underscoring all of this is the purpose for our gathering at The El Rey for two last shows; the annual Dear Jack Foundation benefit to support young adults with cancer. The story of Jack’s Mannequin is tied closely to the disease that almost claimed my life in 2005 and it is with great pride that this final contribution be sold with 100 percent of the profits going to support the DJF mission to make the world a better place for young adults forced to grapple with the beast we know as cancer.
I_see_colors
Tue Jul 15 2014, 02:57pm
Registered Member #10709
This was the best surprise I could have ever asked for!

Moderators: Administrator, Toxic, Sarry, Pabeek

Jump:     Back to top