Welcome to The Underground
"I am proud that night after night and album after album, a mass of humanity I now refer to lovingly as the pop underground, come together and sing. Whether it's in theaters and concert venues around the world, in the privacy of our own homes or the constantly shifting landscape of social media, we are a scrappy tribe and we stand for something: Music that is found, shared and cared for despite access to traditional outlets; music that lives virally and through word of mouth; music that tells a story that people want to retell." - Andrew McMahon
Andrew's Twitter
Andrew's Instagram
Forums
The Pop Underground :: Forums :: Andrew's Blogs
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>   

Sometimes frozen food just tastes better (3-29-05)

Author Post
Toxic
Mon Sep 30 2013, 05:08pm Print View

At this not so late hour that somehow feels incredibly late I have made a couple small observations. The farther along I've gotten into this busy time the more I've noticed how easily a new situation can prompt new habits or quirks. Amongst these major life changes; a newfound predilection for frozen food. I know that sounds stupid, but up until the past year I've never been remotely inclined towards the freezer section (with the exception of the occasional taquito binge in my pre vegetarian days). One way or another I have found myself making late night stops at 7-11 in the name of a frozen burrito. I now also stock up on anything labeled Amy's Organics (If anyone out there knows this Amy woman personally, please send her my praise, and may I suggest a little less corn in the Santa Fe Enchiladas) it doesn't stop with food though. I now spend an average of 3 hours a day on the various freeways and city streets between LA and Orange County. I can't claim to have gained much from all my driving in recent months except a minor improvement in my sense of direction and a crack in my windshield. I have however acquired the ability to completely shut my brain off in nearly any road situation and go into complete autopilot. I know...it sounds dangerous, and most likely is. Nevertheless this is the case and it has lead to a problem that is becoming both regular and extremely frustrating. It is no longer rare for me to be making my routine trek from my home up to LA only to find that I have not only merged onto the wrong freeway but I have been driving that wrong freeway for more that 20 minutes. It would be silly to complain about such things as I should have the will to resist burritos and/or keep my eyes on the road signs, I just thought it was worth saying. Now that I'm reading over it I realize it most likely was not. I'd apologize, but where is the fun in that.

Moderators: Administrator, Toxic, Sarry, Pabeek

Jump:     Back to top