Welcome to The Underground
"I am proud that night after night and album after album, a mass of humanity I now refer to lovingly as the pop underground, come together and sing. Whether it's in theaters and concert venues around the world, in the privacy of our own homes or the constantly shifting landscape of social media, we are a scrappy tribe and we stand for something: Music that is found, shared and cared for despite access to traditional outlets; music that lives virally and through word of mouth; music that tells a story that people want to retell." - Andrew McMahon
Andrew's Twitter
Andrew's Instagram
Forums
The Pop Underground :: Forums :: Andrew's Blogs
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>   

396,000 cold inches between the earth and me (3-17-05)

Author Post
Toxic
Mon Sep 30 2013, 05:09pm Print View

Everything is white from here. Not paper white or cloud white, but hazy white. It’s the color you see when you close your eyes and push on your eyeballs long enough that everything becomes one electric, fuzzy glow. Static white. This plane is Austin bound and loaded with all the Los Angeles A&R men one could handle. The first class riff raff ramble on about their newest deals dressed like everyday hitchhikers, (Ironically, it costs a shit-load of money to look this undone) but that’s what I love about LA. It’s absurd. Not that I am one to judge. In actuality, as trite as it may be to say so, from here all things seem pretty equal. The riff-raff along with everyone else on this plane, (the whole world, really) myself included, seem to have one thing in common; were just a crowd of people who don’t really fit in anywhere attempting to convince one another that we do. I guess I’ll put my sunglasses on (it’s perfectly sunless where I am) and pretend, like everyone else, that I too belong up here. Now it’s just me and the rest of the hitchhikers on our way to a three-ring rock n roll circus.

Moderators: Administrator, Toxic, Sarry, Pabeek

Jump:     Back to top