Welcome to The Underground
"I am proud that night after night and album after album, a mass of humanity I now refer to lovingly as the pop underground, come together and sing. Whether it's in theaters and concert venues around the world, in the privacy of our own homes or the constantly shifting landscape of social media, we are a scrappy tribe and we stand for something: Music that is found, shared and cared for despite access to traditional outlets; music that lives virally and through word of mouth; music that tells a story that people want to retell." - Andrew McMahon
Andrew's Twitter
Andrew's Instagram
Forums
The Pop Underground :: Forums :: Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>   

Open Letters

Author Post
Toxic
Wed Oct 09 2013, 08:32am Print View

Dear Andrew,

Thank you for making this thing called life better. Your music and words make hard days easier.

Forever grateful,
tox
Sarry
Fri Jan 31 2014, 01:04am
Co-Owner

Dear Andrew,

You don't know how much your music means to me. On the days where I feel lost, it feels like my only friend and it's the best therapist a girl could ask for. Your words describe every emotion I could possibly feel about any topic under the sun, and it helps me to remember that no matter what happens, the sun will forever keep rising.

Truly,
Sarah
Toxic
Tue Mar 11 2014, 01:19am

Dear Andrew,

When things get weird and stressful, listening to your songs is like being comforted by a friend. I was reminded of that today. Thanks

*T
WhatStarsAre
Wed May 21 2014, 12:21pm
Registered Member #24
How is it even possible for me to miss you this much? Your music reminds me I'm alive. I can't wait to see you.
Sarry
Wed May 21 2014, 02:31pm
Co-Owner

WhatStarsAre wrote ...

How is it even possible for me to miss you this much? Your music reminds me I'm alive. I can't wait to see you.

This. Andrew, your music is like an old friend. It makes my saddest days brighter and gives me a purpose. I've never felt more alive than when I'm in the crowd, seeing you perform live. Not to sound totally crazy, but I'd be willing to say you are the best thing that's ever happened to me.
WhatStarsAre
Sat May 24 2014, 07:02pm
Registered Member #24
I needed the strength of your voice today. Thank you.
Sarry
Tue Jun 03 2014, 04:16pm
Co-Owner

You have no idea how much I need you.
Thank you so much for everything.
Your words give me glimmers of hope and peace.
WhatStarsAre
Tue Jun 03 2014, 08:36pm
Registered Member #24
Every time I get to talk to you, I'm afraid that it will finally be the time something snaps in my brain and when I hug you I just won't let go because I love you entirely too much.

I swear I'm not as creepy as that sounded. But I really hope that never happens. Lmao.
Sarry
Tue Jun 03 2014, 09:30pm
Co-Owner

WhatStarsAre wrote ...

Every time I get to talk to you, I'm afraid that it will finally be the time something snaps in my brain and when I hug you I just won't let go because I love you entirely too much.

I swear I'm not as creepy as that sounded. But I really hope that never happens. Lmao.

I was thinking this when I typed "I need you" in my note hahaha

NOT IN A CREEPY WAY ANDREW I PROMISE.
Sarry
Thu Jul 10 2014, 08:54pm
Co-Owner

Dear Andrew:

I have been a ball of stress lately and your new music is pulling the weight of the world off of my shoulders.

It may sound silly, but you keep me in check and I really needed this. It's good to know that when I'm falling down and in a state of panic, your music can make me breathe a little easier.

Thanks for making this life thing okay,
Sarah
WhatStarsAre
Mon Jul 28 2014, 10:18am
Registered Member #24
I'm pretty sure you're my religion.
Toxic
Fri Aug 22 2014, 09:48pm

I'm so proud of you and so happy that you've gotten everything you ever wanted and more from your life. I hope the goodness keeps flowing your way because you've brought so much happiness to so many people and you deserve it all coming back to you.
Sarry
Fri Aug 22 2014, 11:28pm
Co-Owner

Toxic wrote ...

I'm so proud of you and so happy that you've gotten everything you ever wanted and more from your life. I hope the goodness keeps flowing your way because you've brought so much happiness to so many people and you deserve it all coming back to you.

I couldn't have said it better.
Toxic
Sat Aug 23 2014, 01:45am

I'm so happy that you're still here for us and that we've gotten to see and hear you continue to grow so much as an artist and a person. Thank you for sharing your story and your journey and your music and your strength and your courage. The smiles spread and hearts warmed have been truly countless.
Sarry
Tue Aug 26 2014, 05:06am
Co-Owner

This past weekend is a blur. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Thank you, Andrew, for giving me such incredible opportunities.

You were so grateful for our gifts and were eager to even take pictures of us for twitter. You told us "I swear, you're the most generous people on the planet" and seemed to be in awe.

Andrew, I simply don't have the words. What you don't understand is that you're the reason I'm here. You're the reason I do what I do. The reason I care.

I remember how I felt nine years ago when you were diagnosed. I remember crying and not understanding. I remember researching leukemia to try to understand from a medical standpoint and I remember feeling helpless. I remember thinking that it wasn't fair because you were so God damned young and I remember realizing that cancer doesn't discriminate; that anyone of any age can get it.

That's when I started doing charity work, Andrew. Because of you. All because of you. Because you made me realize that there are people out there who NEED SOMEONE and that maybe, just maybe, I could be that someone. You made me realize that if it was me who was sick, I'd want someone there for me.

Andrew... your compassion, your love, your philanthropy... that's why I am the person I am.

Without you, I wouldn't be me.

You are the most extraordinary human being I've ever met and a big part of that is because you are actually so unextraordinary. You have fame and you have talent, and yet you're the most human person I've ever met. You give back, you're humble, you're generous, and every time I meet you, you're gracious and kind. You don't have to be, you just are. You don't see yourself as more than any of us fans. You treat us like we're your friends.

And Andrew, please know... that, right there, means the world.

Thank you for making my life what it is.
WhatStarsAre
Tue Aug 26 2014, 08:57am
Registered Member #24
omg Sarah :')
Sarry
Thu Sep 18 2014, 11:29pm
Co-Owner

Not to be creepy or anything, but I'm pretty sure your music ranks right up there with air when it comes to the things I need to survive.

Moderators: Administrator, Toxic, Sarry, Pabeek

Jump:     Back to top