Welcome to The Underground
"I am proud that night after night and album after album, a mass of humanity I now refer to lovingly as the pop underground, come together and sing. Whether it's in theaters and concert venues around the world, in the privacy of our own homes or the constantly shifting landscape of social media, we are a scrappy tribe and we stand for something: Music that is found, shared and cared for despite access to traditional outlets; music that lives virally and through word of mouth; music that tells a story that people want to retell." - Andrew McMahon
Andrew's Twitter
Andrew's Instagram
Forums
The Pop Underground :: Forums :: Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>   

AMITW: See Her On The Weekend

Go to page  1 [2]
Author Post
SwimInTheCaves
Wed Oct 01 2014, 07:56pm
Registered Member #48
This is definitely not a transitional song IMO. It's just a fun catchy song that people apparently dislike for some reason. The peeps at MTV clearly love it based on the article they posted about it! I think it's catchy and totally appealing to the masses with it's simple but meaningful lyrics. Love this tune.
Shanoahphotos
Thu Oct 02 2014, 11:19pm
Registered Member #10811
the first time i listened to it .. i was not impressed...

now, i've listened many times and i love it !
sometimes with his music on my first listen is weird, but then it hits me and i'm totally in love. I did the same thing with 'Cecilia' because i heard it live before studio and wasn't sure about the new sound...and I didn't immediately like 'my racing thoughts' when people & things first came out..
WhatStarsAre
Mon Oct 06 2014, 12:32pm
Registered Member #24
It's growing on me a little. I do like it better as an ensemble piece with the rest of the album. But I think it is a lot like Racing Thoughts and even People Running, where the lyrics don't seem to be quite as carefully crafted as they generally do.
Toxic
Tue Oct 07 2014, 02:27am

I am totally here for this song in the context of the rest of the songs now. It fits perfectly,
SkyDemon96
Tue Oct 07 2014, 10:45am
Registered Member #11120
it definitely fits where it is on the album, but after hearing the whole album its still my least favorite
Ryan
Tue Oct 07 2014, 11:52pm
Registered Member #6751
Definitely not my favorite off of this album, but after 3-4 listens yesterday, this was the one stuck in my head.
Menotti80
Fri Oct 17 2014, 10:08am
Registered Member #10827
When this song was released early, I was not really a fan. Seemed clumsy and out of place. But for some reason it was the one I found myself humming most often.

Now that I have listened to the album a few dozen times, this song is one of my favorites. One of his best sing-along songs without a doubt.

"Message Box... is FUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL"
Toxic
Sat Nov 01 2014, 11:47am

This song puts me in such a good mood.
Go to page  1 [2]

Moderators: Administrator, Toxic, Sarry, Pabeek

Jump:     Back to top