Welcome to The Underground
"I am proud that night after night and album after album, a mass of humanity I now refer to lovingly as the pop underground, come together and sing. Whether it's in theaters and concert venues around the world, in the privacy of our own homes or the constantly shifting landscape of social media, we are a scrappy tribe and we stand for something: Music that is found, shared and cared for despite access to traditional outlets; music that lives virally and through word of mouth; music that tells a story that people want to retell." - Andrew McMahon
Andrew's Twitter
Andrew's Instagram
Forums
The Pop Underground :: Forums :: Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>   

AMITW: High Dive

Go to page  1 [2]
Author Post
WhatStarsAre
Tue Sep 09 2014, 12:10pm
Registered Member #24
Oh my god, right? That song is so awkward.
Pabeek
Tue Sep 09 2014, 03:41pm

Oh god "I Won't *cough* Rape You" is the woooooorst.

I feel like "Hostage" is a nice counterpoint to Miss CA. Like, I wasn't being creepy, YOU HAD THE KEY ALL ALONG.
Sarry
Tue Sep 09 2014, 04:19pm
Co-Owner

I love I Won't Make You but it is hands down the weirdest song hahhahaha..
PunkRockSonja
Tue Sep 09 2014, 04:51pm
Registered Member #21
I was afraid I was the only one who felt that way about that song. So glad to not be alone.
WhatStarsAre
Tue Sep 09 2014, 11:22pm
Registered Member #24
I've always thought Hostage was actually more from Kelly's POV about having to share Andrew with his fans/the industry and him bouncing between his two lives. That his family life is his "place to hide" and she'll leave the light on for him. I have no idea if that's true but I like to think it is. I do like it as a counterpoint to Miss California too though!

And OMG we always called it "I Won't Rape You" and I was so amused to get online and discover that we were by far not the only ones. Lmao, sorry Josh that song is fucking creepy.
Go to page  1 [2]

Moderators: Administrator, Toxic, Sarry, Pabeek

Jump:     Back to top